Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My First

So this is my first blog post. Whether you find my writing humorous and preturbing is up to you. I'll try my best to write consistently but I can't gurantee it. For the most part I'll be using this blog to share my thoughts about worship and the experiences that I encounter that help shape my view. Church worship is my biggest passion. I began leading when I was fourteen at Middle Town Bible Church in California. I played under pastor Doug Thompson at MBC for quite a while and I attribute almost all of my knowledge as it pertains to worship to him. After I graduated from high school I moved to Santa Clarita, CA to attend the Master's college. My involvement in worship quickly diminished to almost nothing. I really missed being involved in worship for the year that I was at Masters. When the opportunity came for me to move back up North and be involved in worship again I couldn't help but jump on it. So i moved to Santa Rosa, CA and began attending Christian Family Fellowship. Once there I immediately began playing the piano for Sunday morning worship and leading the worship service for their wednesday evening bible study. After a few months I began leading the sunday morning worship service once a month. I was very glad to have the opportunity to lead, but I faced some hardships that I hadn't forseen.
So here I sit in Billings, Mt to learn something more about worship. I am now playing with the worship team at Rocky Mountain Community Church under the guidance of Trudy Poirier. So thats all I have for now. Until next time....may God richly bless you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we'll never stop learning huh joe? The awesome thing, is that even when we soar to worlds unknown...we'll still be learning. God cannot be fully known. :)